https://canadagoosegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Screen-Shot-2020-12-11-at-10.11.45-AM.png 1432 1478 Laura DeRamus https://canadagoosegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo-300x74.png Laura DeRamus2020-12-11 13:25:492020-12-11 13:25:49Christmas Cookie + Ornament Countdown 12/12
Christmas Cookie + Ornament Countdown!
Linzer Christmas Cookies + “Mabry Mill” P. Buckley Moss Christmas Ornament + Solemat Sock Warmth
by Canada Goose Gallery
PREP TIME:1 HOUR 0 MINS
TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 15 MINS
1 1/2 c. almond flour
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 large egg
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. raspberry jam
2 tbsp. powdered sugar, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add egg mixture and beat until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated.
- Divide dough in half, form each half into a disk and place each between 2 large sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll each piece of dough to 1/8″ in thickness. Place dough sheets on a baking sheet or cutting board and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours. (Or place in the freezer for 30 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 375° and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Peel away one layer of parchment paper from your dough and use a 2″ round cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Use a smaller round cookie cutter to cut windows in half the cookies, if desired.
- Place cookies on baking sheet about 1″ apart. Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden. Let cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, stir 1 teaspoon water into jam. Microwave on low for 30 seconds, then spread about 1/2 tsp of jam in the center of a cookie, then top with the second cookie. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.