Christmas Cookie + Ornament Countdown!
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. (1 stick) Country Crock Baking Sticks
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp. red food coloring
1/4 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl using a hand mixer, beat Country Crock Baking Sticks and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition then add vanilla and red food coloring. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon dough into a ball, then roll the ball in powdered sugar. Repeat with the remaining dough then reroll each ball in powdered sugar again.
- Arrange balls about 1″ apart on prepared baking sheets and bake until cookies have flattened and set in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to let cool completely.