Christmas Cookie + Ornament Countdown – Christmas Light Cookies
Cookie + Ornament Countdown Begins!
Christmas Light Cookies, “Purrfect Ride” P. Buckley Moss Ornament, and Solemate Socks for warmth!
by Canada Goose Gallery
Christmas Light Cookies
YIELDS: 2 Dozen PREP TIME:0 HOURS 10 MINS TOTAL TIME:2 HOURS 30 MINS
Recipe from Delish
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. (1 stick) Country Crock Baking Sticks
1 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. light corn syrup
2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. milk
Black decorating gel
1/2 c. mini M&Ms
Click Ornament below
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat Country Crock Baking Sticks and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Shape the disk into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. . Lightly flour a clean surface and roll out dough to 1/4″ thick. Cut out 3″ rounds and place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Bake until edges are lightly golden, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the icing: In a medium bowl, stir together powdered sugar, corn syrup, and milk until smooth. Add milk a few drops at a time to thin, if necessary.
- Frost each cookie with about 1 tablespoon of icing, using the back of a spoon to smooth icing in an even circle.
- Use black decorating gel to draw two thin lines across cookies to mimic a string of lights. Stick M&Ms along the black line as lights. Let set.