Christmas Cookie + Ornament Countdown!
Meringue Wreath Cookies, “Cat in the Hat III” P. Buckley Moss Ornament, and Solemate Socks for warmth!
by Canada Goose Gallery
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 40 MINS
1/4 tsp.cream of tartar
pinch of kosher salt
2 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 tsp. almond extract
6 drops green food coloring
1 tbsp. silver sanding sugar
4 Pull ‘n’ Peel Twizzlers
1/4 c. red candy melts, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°. Draw circles on a piece of parchment paper to use as guides for the wreaths. Place parchment on a cookie sheet, pen lines facing down.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream of tartar, sugar, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, whip egg whites and almond extract until mixture starts to get foamy.
- With the mixer on high speed, gradually add sugar mixture and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Add green food coloring and whip until combined.
- Add meringue to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe onto a cookie sheet using the guides you’ve drawn. Add sprinkle decorations.
- Bake until almost firm to the touch, 13 to 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and let sit with the door closed for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the oven when firm to the touch, just before the edges start to brown. Let cool completely.
- To create the bow decoration, pull apart Twizzlers into individual strings. Trim about 3″ from each string, then shape into a bow. Use melted candy melts to help “glue” them together. Let candy melts set.
- Use remaining melted candy melts to adhere the bows to the wreaths and let set. Store wreaths in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.