https://canadagoosegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Screen-Shot-2020-11-20-at-10.25.03-AM.png 1382 1298 Maria Bereket https://canadagoosegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo-300x74.png Maria Bereket2020-11-23 09:04:142020-11-23 09:21:01Thanksgiving Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
prep time 30 MINUTES
cook time 10 MINUTES
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar (add until desired consistency/firmness)
- ground cinnamon sprinkled on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat the 2 cups of butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until combined.
- Beat in pumpkin. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in the remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops is set.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- In a small saucepan heat the 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread frosting on cookies.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.