https://canadagoosegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Screen-Shot-2020-12-02-at-12.12.24-PM.png 1842 1464 Maria Bereket https://canadagoosegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo-300x74.png Maria Bereket2020-12-02 15:28:542020-12-02 15:33:07Christmas Cookie + Ornament Countdown 12/2
Cookie + Ornament Countdown!
Caramel-Gingerbread Cookie Bars, “And the Greatest of These” P. Buckley Moss Ornament, and Solemate Socks for warmth!
by Canada Goose Gallery
FOR THE COOKIE BARS
3/4 c. unsalted butter softened
1 c. lightly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
3 tbsp. molasses
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Pinch of cloves
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
FOR THE FROSTING
1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 c. powdered sugar
5 tbsp. Caramel
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9″-x-9″ baking dish with foil along the bottom and up the sides.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add egg and molasses and beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt, then add to wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Evenly spread the dough into prepared pan and bake until lightly golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan. When completely cool, remove bars from the pan.
- Make the frosting: Beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth, then add caramel and mix until smooth.
- Spread frosting onto bars and top with sprinkles. Cut into squares and serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.