https://canadagoosegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Screen-Shot-2020-12-21-at-1.57.38-PM.png 586 1346 Maria Bereket https://canadagoosegallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo-300x74.png Maria Bereket2020-12-21 17:03:562020-12-21 17:03:56Christmas Cookie + Ornament Countdown 12/22
Christmas Cookie + Ornament Countdown 12/22
Salted Carmel Shortbread Christmas Cookies + Summer Faith Fun P. Buckley Moss Ornament + Solemate Sock Warmth
by Canada Goose Gallery
Prep 1 HR 20 MIN
Total 2 HR 45 MIN
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons milk
4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter with electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Beat in sugar and vanilla. On low speed, beat in flour until blended.
- 2Divide dough in half. Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll 1 portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. On an ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts about 2 inches apart. Repeat with the second portion of dough.
- 3Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set and just barely light golden (do not overbake). Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks; cool completely.
- 4In a medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 2 minutes 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Frost each cookie with about 1 rounded teaspoon caramel mixture.
- 5In a small microwavable bowl, melt chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate over caramel on each cookie. Sprinkle generously with salt. Let stand until set.