- Little Brown Church Etching captures an Iowa church icone. Artist, P. Buckley Moss.
- Etching Collection
- Rare etching at issue price at Canada Goose Gallery in Waynesville, Ohio.
- Colors: Highlights soft and delicate shades of blues and peach tones in the sky with rusty brick on the church.
- Etchings are produced by the artist scribing on a metal plate that has been coated with a black lacquer ground. Pat then, with a sharp etching tool, scrapes away the ground to produce the image she wants. The images are artfully scribed in reverse. Once the plate is finished by the artist, the plate is inked one color at a time and rolled through the etching press where the image is transferred to the heavy watercolor paper. The printed paper is then allowed to dry, the plate thoroughly cleaned and subsequent colors applied, the plate rolled through the press and repeated for each color that is shown in the completed artwork. Normal time to print and edition of 99 prints is one year.
- This signed and numbered, limited edition etching print is from an edition which has been recorded by the artist.
- Each print includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Certificates are embossed with our exclusive Canada Goose Gallery seal.
- Image size: inches. Paper Size: inches.
- This artwork can easily be matted and framed to fit any space.
- Edition size: 150 prints with 10 signed and numbered artist proofs.
- This Etching: #46/150
- American woman artist, Patricia Buckley Moss
“The Little Brown Church” is a historic church located at 2730 Cheyenne Avenue in Nashua, Iowa that was made famous by a song, The Church in the Wildwood. The structure was completed in 1864.