Cookie + Ornament Countdown Begins!
Chocolate Chip Covered Cookies, “Red Chapel” P. Buckley Moss Ornament, and Solemate Socks for warmth!
by Canada Goose Gallery
Christmas Chocolate Chip Covered Cookies
YIELDS: 4 Servings PREP TIME:0 HOURS 10 MINS TOTAL TIME:2 HOURS 30 MINS
Recipe from Delish
3/4 c. plus 1 tablespoon cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 large egg, plus one large egg yolk
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 c. plus 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, separated
Flaky sea salt
Click Ornament below
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and clear room for baking sheet in the freezer. In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on low speed, cream cold butter until it begins to lose its shape, 30 to 40 seconds. Add sugar and brown sugar and continue to cream for 60 seconds more, until no large butter pieces remain.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Gradually add flour mixture and beat to combine. When a dough has formed, add in 1½ cups of chocolate chips and beat just long enough to distribute the chips.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining 2 cups of chocolate chips. Portion large balls of dough, about 6 ounces (or ¾ cup) each. One by one, roll each ball in the bowl of chips, leaving the bottom bare. Lightly press chocolate chips into each dough ball and fill any large gaps with more chocolate chips.
- Place balls of dough on a prepared baking sheet and freeze for 90 minutes. When nearing the end of the 90 minutes, preheat the oven to 375ºF. Before baking, sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of flaky salt, then pile ½ tablespoon of chocolate chips on top of each ball of dough.
- Bake until cookies are golden around edges but still pale in center, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cookies cool completely before serving.