Yin/Yang Christmas Brookies + Alleluia Ornament
Let Art Inspire
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make brownie cookie: In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until glossy. Add flour and salt and whisk until just combined. Refrigerate while you make the chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Make chocolate chip cookie: In another large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and beat until just combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Make brookie: Using a small cookie scoop, form a heaping scoop of each dough into balls. Take one brownie ball and one cookie dough ball and roll them together. Repeat with remaining doughs.
- Place on prepared baking sheet 2″ apart, then flatten slightly and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake until golden around the edges and just set, 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack, then let cool completely.