1991 Rare print. Signed and numbered, limited edition print, guaranteed mint condition and original color. Never framed or exposed to harmful light. Will be accompanied by a special certificate of authenticity.
The Davis County Courthouse in Bloomfield, Iowa, was built in 1877.
The Davis County Courthouse in Bloomfield, Iowa, United States was built in 1877. It was individually listed on the National Register of Historic in 1974 as a part of the County Courthouses in Iowa Thematic Resource. Two years later it was listed as a contributing property on the Bloomfield Square historic district. The courthouse is the second building to house court functions and county administration.
Davis County’s first courthouse was log structure measuring 24 by 40 feet (7.3 m × 12.2 m) constructed for $339. By 1851, the building was unusable and a Methodist church functioned as a courtroom until 1875 when voters authorized the present courthouse. The second Empire structure was completed in 1877. The cupola is topped by a statue of the goddess of Justice.