- Burruss Hall Porcelain Ornament captures the love of education for everyone and her support of schools .
- College Ornament Collection
- Colors: Highlights different shades cream, blue and soft greens and rose.
- An edition of wafer thin porcelain disks with images by P Buckley Moss front and back.
- Fired on porcelain with original watercolor image by P Buckley Moss.
- Numbered, limited edition porcelain is from an edition which has been recorded by the artist.
- Image size: 3-5/16 inches in diameter.
- This porcelain artwork piece can be hung on the Christmas tree during holiday time, displayed on tiny gold easels throughout the year to enhance any home decor setting or displayed in a single or three opening frame to hold multiple ornaments in the same frame.
- Easels and ornament frames sold separately.
- Each ornament comes in its own gift box.
- Edition size: 5000 ornaments per series.
- American woman artist, Patricia Buckley Moss
Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, Virginia
Burruss Hall is the main administration building, it also contains a 3,003-seat auditorium and houses several departments in the College of Architecture and Urban Studies. It consists of the original building, completed in June 1936 (cost $428,404; 77,080 sq ft; a west wing and rear addition, built in 1968 (cost $1,536,899; 60,503 sq ft; and an east wing, built in 1970 (cost $593,729; 20,638 sq ft. The cornerstone of the original building was laid at the 1935 commencement; the first commencement was held in the auditorium in June 1936. An electronic carillon, costing $28,000, was added in 1958 and was dedicated at Homecoming that year. It was originally known as the Teaching and Administration Building.
Julian Ashby Burruss (1876–1947) was President from 1919 to 1945. The first alumnus president, Burruss guided VPI through tremendous increases in faculty, student body, and degree offerings; vast growth in the physical plant; and efficient changes in administrative structure. He successfully pushed to admit women and shortened the military requirement to two years, setting the stage for a larger civilian student body. During his tenure, Radford College became the Women’s Division of VPI.